Come visit historic Orongorongo Station & discover Wellingtons best kept secret – the stunning Wainuiomata coastline.
It’s teeming with wildlife, there’s stunning views and a huge range of activities nearby. Take in views of the river as it sweeps out to sea, and look across Cook Strait to the often snow-capped mountains of New Zealand’s South Island.
Perfect final stop if you’ve just completed the Rimutaka Cycle Trail, or if you want a base to explore all the coast has to offer. Get walking through native bush at Rematuka Forest Park, or take an easy coast walk to Turakirae Seal Colony & Scientific Reserve.
If you want to get wet there’s river swims or surfing and diving. Try rock climbing at Baring Head or book some adrenaline with Coastal View Horse Treks, Wellington Adventures’ guided Quad Bike tours and Captivate Adventure’s Wainui High Ropes Challenge.
Located on Orongorongo Station 1960 Coast Road, Wainuiomata Coast, RD1 Wainuiomata.
Nearby attractions & activities
- Guided Quad Bike Rides for all levels available by prior booking (groups welcome). www.wellingtonadventures.co.nz
- Surfing the break on our local beach.
- Surf-casting from the beach.
- Swimming in the ocean or the river.
- Rock climbing at the bottom of Baring Head or walk the historic lighthouse block.
- Walks to the seal colony & scientific reserves.
- rout fishing in the Wainuiomata River a couple of kms up the road.
- Rimatuka Forest Park is our neighbour with many different walking tracks for all levels.
- 15 mins to the Wainuiomata Golf course which is one of the top Wgtn courses.
- Wainuiomata outdoor pools & hydro slide & mini golf is great for the whole family but only open during the summer months.
All charge rates (GST inc).
We operate as both a self contained holiday home where you supply your own sheets & towels(all other linen supplied) and a fully serviced cottage where we supply all the linen & towels. Guests to clean up & leave the cottage clean & tidy & take all rubbish away with you.
average maximum temperature is 20-30° C
average maximum temperature is 12-16° C
average maximum temperature is
average maximum temperature is 14-19° C